Monday, August 15, 2011

summer movie scores

I'm no movie expert, but here's what I'd give these summer blockbusters:

X-Men First Class:
Ok, so I'm a little biased because I'm a complete nerd and fan of the other X-Men movies...but I thought this movie was so fun.  Sure, it was cheesy...and a couple of the characters bugged me...but I loved the action! For fans of superhero movies...

Planet of the Apes: C+
 Interesting, kinda freaky, but this was one of those movies where you already know what happens in the end, so it makes it less exciting, plus the ending sucks because apes are supposed to take over the world....but worth watching. 

Captain America: B-
This gets a B because, in spite of its corniness, it started out strong.  You know, it wasn't typical wimpy-kid-gets-turned-buff-then-saves-world, it was more like wimpy-kid-gets-turned-buff-then some other interesting World War 1-era related stuff happens and THEN he saves the world.  And Chris Evans is gorgeous.  No, I didn't just go see it because of him...........

Cowboys and Aliens:B-
This reminded me of the last Indiana Jones (with Shia LeBoeuf) where aliens come and you are just SO confused...I enjoyed it and I thought Daniel Craig was a convincing cowboy.  It was definitely exciting, just a little weird......

Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon: C-
I was disappointed with this one.  I guess I shouldn't have expected so much after the second movie, but it was just a little too predictable.  In Transformers 1 decepticons try to take over the world! which is shocking, then in Transformers 2 they try to do it again! which is less shocking, and AGAIN really ? It was too similar to the last one.  That being said, I enjoyed the special effects and I think Shia LeBoeuf is hilarious.  There were some good moments, but overall, it wasn't spectacular.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2: A!!! 
Maybe I shouldn't have made this post because it is revealing how much of a nerd I am.... this Harry Potter made me cry! I thought it was the perfect ending. It was like the end of my childhood of reading Harry Potter all summer and waiting anxiously for movies to come out.  Yes of course it was different than the book.  And they added some dumb scenes...but if you haven't seen it yet GO SEE IT And if you havent seen Harry Potter before, watch ALL of the other ones, and THEN go see it.  (Where have you been for the last 10 years?)


1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Love your cute blog! I just added myself to your followers for support and wanted to invite you to come follow back maybe and enter a huge and fabulous giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! Thanks so much!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/07/chi-bling-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete