Thursday, July 14, 2011

learning Japanese

she said she goesto an all girls school and she has to wear a uniform- just like the animes !!
So right now I'm listening to "Wouldn't it be nice" by the Beach Boys, sitting in my dorm room by myself because my roommate went to visit her Japanese friends on the other floor.  I already mentioned this before- but my roommate is this adorable girl from Japan who doesn't speak  too much English...but if i speak clearly she understands a lot.   She definitely knows more English then I will ever learn of Japanese...and shes SO good at picking up new words.  However, whenever I ask her how to say something in Japanese, I almost immediately forget it or mess if up so much she can't understand me when I try to say it later.

Sometimes we have a hard time understanding eachother.  For example, I'll say "do you want to go to breakfast or just wait here for a little bit?" and she'll say "yeaaah!" (not an option).

But I admire her so much for coming to a foreign country to train and for being so diligent about learning the language. She has this little electronic dictionary that she studies sometimes...

Here's three things I learned to say in Japanese

sen cha : green tea
tsukareta: i'm tired
onaka suita: i'm hungry

So now I can complain in Japanese at the end of the day when I'm tired from dancing! I'm still loving the program.  Theres only 2 weeks left!!

2 comments:

  1. watashi no namae wa Kelsey desu ^^ (My name is Kelsey)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks i actually learned that from a different japanese friend before...one of the few things I can remember in Japanese..

    ReplyDelete