Sunday, July 17, 2011

Me and street vendors and Union Square

So I've been keeping busy this weekend.  I've been walking SO MUCH.  We only have one class on Saturday, so we get to go out into the city afterwards...

Between dance class and seeing/crying about the end of HARRY POTTER (huge Harry Potter nerd here), I kept ending up at Union Square this weekend.  It's very easy to end up and very dangerous because that's where a girl can spend all her money if she's not careful....

Union Square is like the Times Square of San Francisco.  Meaning everything's supersized.  There's a huge Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters (my favorites) and a gorgeous mall with the biggest Nordstrom I have ever seen.  And then there's the designer stores like Prada where you walk in and they give you dirty looks because they know you aren't going to buy anything...

biggest nordstroms ever...
There's also a few street vendors which are always fun.  It's really strange to me though, because there's all these little Asian ladies who sell these handmade earrings but all of the different vendors carry  almost the EXACT SAME earrings.  Do they buy the beads at the same place or something? And if they're selling the same thing, then why do they set up their carts right next to eachother and offer them for the same price?  It puzzles me. Anyways, I'm not exactly the best bargainer.  I tried to get a pair of little coy fish earrings for 3 dollars because I thought they were 5, and the lady laughed at me and told me they were 7 dollars.  So I made a face and offered 5, but because they had a "pretty crystal" she gave me 6.  So all that work and I only got 1 dollar off...

No comments:

Post a Comment