Thursday, June 30, 2011

San Francisco Ballet Intensive Week 1!

So today was day 4 of the San Francisco Ballet intensive! I am so sore.  I hope that I will come out of this intensive stronger, because its is such hard work! Here is a little example of how my day goes....

So I have been waking up around 7:30...which is sleeping in compared to the school year! Then I eat breakfast in the dorm cafeteria- they actually have a lot of interesting food for breakfast. Like today they had a quiche! I've been eating SO MUCH here- I feel like I need more energy to dance!!

It takes a long time to get from the dorms to the ballet school.  We have to walk to the MUNI train station (it is like a combination between a subway and train), then we take a 20-25 minute train ride into the city.  Then we walk to the ballet school! 

We have ballet technique class pretty late in the morning- 11:00.  That goes to 2:00, then we have a break or go straight into pointe class.  But we take the entire ballet technique class en pointe! Yesterday we didn't have a break between technique and pointe, so we have 3 hours straight of pointe class!! My feet are in so much pain! I feel like such a wimp here- I hope my toes toughen up!

After pointe class we have another shorter break, then we have either pas de deux (partnering class), contemporary, or repertoire/variations class ( where you learn solos from famous ballets).  

Then I go home and fall asleep! 




No comments:

Post a Comment