Tuesday, June 14, 2011

why hello there!

For someone who usually resorts to hitting the computer in frustration when things go awry, the creation of this blog was a great undertaking.  While I do admit to spending long hours on the internet thanks to Facebook and Youtube, I am definitely the least tech savvy person in my family.  I usually have to ask my little sister for help when iTunes is frozen, or when I need help formatting a powerpoint.  It took me 37 minutes to figure out how to get the starfish picture on the background of this blog. This is all a very new experience for me.

Since this is my first blog, I thought I should just introduce myself and the explain why I decided to venture into this confusing realm of personal expression through the internet.  I was actually inspired by the movie Julie&Julia.  (You know the one where Amy Adams sets this challenge for herself to cook every recipe in Julia Child's cookbook and blogs about it).  Because I want some practice writing, and because I thought it sounded fun, I decided to make a blog for my summer in San Francisco.  I am an aspiring ballet dancer, and I'm going to be attending the San Francisco Ballet's summer intensive training program in a couple weeks.  So I get to live in San Fran for 5 weeks! I'm planning on blogging about ballet in general, being a tourist in San Fran, plus other random summery stuff.  Like food and fashion and makeup and movies.  Fun stuff. 

Well,  I highly doubt anyone's reading this right now.......so...........

With love, Serendipity

No comments:

Post a Comment